Saturday, September 29, 2012

apple brownies...five stars



Found this recipe over at Martha Stewart Living.  I was going to make them this weekend, but
the little guys around here were BORED  after school so we got baking.  Perfect for using up some of those apple-picking apples(we used honey-crisp) and easy for the kids to almost make ALL BY THEMSELVES...and they taste wonderful... and you can eat them for breakfast before and after your bike ride....if they last overnight.  I should have doubled the recipe given the number of eaters here...enjoy!

and while I was at it and the oven was preheated....I tried these...
wheat thins from smittenkitchen
These turned out well...I cut back on the sugar and I would not do that again.
They need the sugar.  She is right about rolling them thin as possible and watching
them while they are in the oven.  They tasted almost like the real thing the next day...definintely fun to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment