Friday, September 16, 2011

Hot Chocolate For a Cold NJ

I get the best advice from my daughters and it is usually delivered diplomatically!  When you are taking care of four sons, your femininity occasionally needs some dusting.  So I get the fashion advice, the celeb advice, ( I know QUITE a bit about hockey "celebs"), and some food advice too...My eldest,an amazing artist and organic sorbet entrepreneur, passed along this recipe for hot chocolate =french hot chocolate!!
Thought I'd try it this morning after the troop disbursement and it is fantastic.  I used 1% milk and it still tasted amazing. ( Wait to put the sugar in until you have tasted the hot chocolate.) Felt like I was back in Paris with Baby One many years ago.


                       *******          



FRENCH HOT CHOCOLATE
Heat 2 cups of whole milk over low heat.


Whisk in 5 ounces of bittersweet chocolate.


(I love the Scharffen Berger chocolate).


Add 2 Tablespoons of light brown sugar
if necessary.
           

                        
*******                                     


Here's a lovely, quiet, french moment to enjoy with your hot chocolate courtesy of Pierre Bonnard............




Breakfast,   1930
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment